Celebrate Fall in Fort Worth with These 10 Ideas
At The Stayton at Museum Way, we are passionate about living life to the fullest. That means celebrating moments both big and small. And with a new season upon us, there is plenty to celebrate, including sports, the arts and of course, soaking up Fort Worth’s beautiful fall weather. Looking for more ways to celebrate? Read on.
What’s Fall Like in Fort Worth?
Fall in Fort Worth is simply delightful. While the heat of the summer starts to fade, days remain gorgeous and sunny and the evenings start to cool down. This season brings back-to-school time for kids, the promise of autumnal festivities and, of course, the much anticipated return of college and professional football.
Thanks to Fort Worth’s beautiful fall weather, outdoor activities are in abundance this time of year. From outdoor concerts and festivals, to cheering on your team from the stands, there’s no shortage of fun ways to soak up fall in Tarrant County. There is plenty happening indoors out of the sun, too. Below, we’ve rounded up some of the goings on we’re most looking forward to this fall, and some of the ways we’ll be celebrating fall at home.
Fall Events Around Fort Worth
Ready to hit the town? If you’re looking to stay busy, there’s plenty happening around Ft. Worth this fall. Here are just a few ideas:
- Visit the theater. Ring in fall with Ballet Frontier’s inaugural show of the season, <Sleeping Beauty. Make an evening of it with the Saturday night show October 2 or enjoy the Sunday matinee October 3.
- Stroll a gallery. Giddy up to the Sid Richardson Museum to check out the exhibit, Picturing the American West, where 48 different works of art showcase the people and landscape of The West.
- Indulge in food & drink. Sample delicious bites and beverages from some of the best local purveyors at this fall’s Food + Wine Festival, which benefits the Fort Worth Food + Wine Foundation, a nonprofit organization that raises funds for local grant programs and culinary scholarships.
- Catch a flick. Spend an evening under the stars while watching a movie! Cruise over to the Coyote Drive-In theater to catch one of their nightly showings.
- Take in fall foliage. To see the spectacular colors of fall, look no further than the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens. Take a stroll through the gardens to gaze at the large Oak trees and be sure not to miss the vibrant Japanese Maple trees.
- Get in the holiday spirit. If winter holidays are already on the brain, the Junior League of Fort Worth has you covered. Head to the Christmas in Cowtown Holiday Gift Market to get a jumpstart on holiday presents and maybe treat yourself to a little something, too!
Make the Most of Fall at Home
You don’t have to go far to get into the feeling of fall. In fact, some of the best ways to cozy up for the season happen right from the comfort of your home.
- Cheer on your team. Whether in-person or virtually, cheering on your favorite team is more fun with friends. Get into the game day spirit by hosting a tailgate or watch party to root for the Horned Frogs, the Mustangs, the Longhorns or the Cowboys.
- Bake festive treats. If fall conjures images of warm baked goods paired with hot apple cider, then celebrate the season by savoring the flavors of fall. Whip up a batch (or two!) of yummy homemade goodies to share.
- Spruce up your space. Set the stage for fall by decorating your home. The addition of small festive touches like a wreath or welcome mat, cozy blankets or throw pillows can go a long way towards bringing the season into your home.
- Pick up a new hobby. If the change of seasons gets you excited to hit refresh, now could be the perfect time to pick up a new hobby. Whether that’s baking, knitting, photography or a new workout routine, lean into something that sparks joy this fall.
Celebrate Fall at The Stayton
At The Stayton, we love to celebrate the changing seasons. With community events with neighbors and group outings to the Fort Worth Cultural District on our calendars, as well as updated menus in our restaurants that feature seasonal flavors and the freshest local produce, we are ready to make the most of fall.
For luxury independent living in the heart of Fort Worth among a community of vibrant older adults, look no further than The Stayton. If you’d like to learn more about our community, we invite you to join us for a tour, and stay for a meal. Fill out the form below or give us a call at 817 349-7140 to get in touch with our team.